Celebrate Pride, Progress and Belonging at Medavie
This month, we join the global community in celebrating Pride Month. It’s a time to honour and support the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, their achievements, and the progress made towards inclusion and acceptance.
Pride Month is celebrated annually to commemorate the Stonewall riots that took place in 1969 in New York City. The riots were a pivotal moment in 2SLGBTQIA+ history, sparking a wave of activism that led to the modern gay rights movement.
At Medavie, we are continually working to foster a diverse and inclusive culture at Medavie― one that is true to our values and respects and celebrates our differences.
This year’s Pride Month activities at Medavie are centered around the theme “Celebrating Pride and Progress – You Belong, Take Pride in Being You.”
Here are a few ways you can join the celebration:
- Stories of Pride and Progress: Let’s read and learn from the stories of Pride and Progress shared by our colleagues and posted on MHS Messenger throughout the month.
- Show your support and colour your world: Wear rainbow-coloured clothing or accessories to visibly display your support.
- Learning resources: Take the opportunity to learn more about the history, achievements, and challenges faced by the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Explore documentaries, books, and podcasts that delve into the 2SLGBTQIA+ experiences.
- Purchase our Medavie-customized Pride shirt: Visit the Medavie Boutique and purchase your custom-designed Pride shirt today (Password: Medavie).
- Attend Pride Events: Attend Pride events in your communities with your friends and family. Here is a list of upcoming Pride parades across Canada. This year, Medavie is the Presenting Sponsor of the River of Pride Parade in Monctonscheduled from August 25 – September 2, 2023.
- Share on Social – We’re proudly letting our Facebook friends and LinkedIn followers know that Medavie cares for ALL Canadians. You can do the same by retweeting, liking, and sharing our social posts.
- Visit Medavie.ca – Click here to read our latest blog titled “Celebrating Pride in our Workplaces and Communities.”
Join us as we embark on this journey of celebration, education and awareness toward creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees.
Happy Pride Month!